Is vitamin D3 Deficiency that dangerous? The answer is yes
Vitamin D3 known as Cholecalciferol, is the most common disease which is seen in about 45% of population. It is produced by body itself, when skin interacts with sun. It transforms into hormone and circulated in to bloodstreams, and absorbs calcium and phosphorus; from the food sources. And that is why this vitamin is also called as Sun Vitamin. The release of calcium is absorbed by bones, teeth and makes it strong.
What are the risk factors of vitamin D?
- Deficiency of vitamin D3 leads to osteoporosis and Rickets.
- Rickets is commonly seen in children, with bow shaped legs
- Adults suffer from softening of bones and this disease is known as osteomalacia
- Vitamin D deficiency leads to Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
- Parathyroid hormones does not respond, makes bones thin and brittle
- It also makes the way to Hypothyroidism
- Phosphate Levels shrinks in blood
- People with higher levels of vitamin D, may have overweight. Because vitamin D is an oily substance and tends to store in fat molecules easily
- Many cases are found with cardiovascular disease and cancer
Why Does Vitamin D Effect?
- Constant uninteraction with sun
- Not taking milk in your diet
- Depending only on vegetarian diet
- If you have dark skin. The excess melanin production on skin, avoids sun to interact with skin and thus causes the problem
- With the age, kidneys unable to convert vitamin D in active form and there arises the problem
How to Diagnose Vitamin Deficiency Test?
- Just got to a doctor approach him and state all the problems your are facing
- Get yourself diagnosed with a test called as 25-hydorxy vitamin D blood test
- If the level is between 20 nano grams/milli liter to 50 ng/ml, then the level is adequate
- If the level is below 12 ng/ml then it is stated as vitamin D deficiency
Benefits of Vitamin D3
- With the rise of vitamin D, it encourages the kidney, to send phosphate in the blood, which helps blood to balance pH levels.
- Keeps immune system strong. Vitamin D enters in to the cells, kills bacteria, virus and avoids flu, cold and cough
- Osteoporosis is cured. Bone, back or any other skeletal problems can be solved with high levels of vitamin D
Remedies for Vitamin D3
Well there are no particular remedies for required levels of vitamin D
1. Required Dosage:
According to National Institute Of Health And Care Excellence(NICE) stated that a minimum daily dosage of 400IU(10mcg), is required
2. Expose to Sun:
Maximum exposure to sun specially in the morning at 6 A.M. Some doctors also suggest that our body should expose from 10 am to 2 pm. There is a debate that whether our skin will absorb the rays, as the sun tan risk is high
Salmon is the fatty fish, which contain higher doses of vitamin D. By eating regularly, the deficiency may be at stake. Choose wild salmons. Wild salmons contain from 988IU – 1300IU of vitamin D per 3.5 ounce(100 gm), which makes enough level of vitamin D in the body.
4. Other Fatty Fishes:
Herring, sardines, oysters, canned tuna, etc., are some of the fatty fishes, which have high deposits of vitamin D. It can be takes cooked, fried or steamed.
5. Egg Yolk:
We all leave the egg yolk and eat egg white for whole protein, But egg yolk contains vitamin D. Choose the pasture raised chicken than the indoor chicken. Pasture raised chicken roam outside, exposed to sun and contains about 6000 IU of vitamin D
5. Cow’s Milk:
This is for the people who are on vegan diet. Cow’s milk may not be equal to fatty fish, but it contains deposits of vitamin D content. Cow milk contains calcium, riboflavin and phosphorous. One cup of cow milk contains 130 IU per cup(237 ml) of milk.
6. Orange Juice:
Orange juice contain calcium and vitamin D. One cup of orange juice(237 ml) serves 142 IU of vitamin D.
Vitamin D3, is required for everyone. Take necessary precautions to avoid the deficiency. Seek doctors advice for better treatment.