Cellulite is forming of lumps under the skin layer which consists of fat. It is commonly seen in men and women, but around 80% of females are affected badly with cellulite. It is mostly seen in thighs, buttocks and thighs, due to uneven distribution of fat in our body and connective tissue. It is in dimple appearance, with orange colored skin layer.
What are the causes for cellulite?
- Menopause: During menopause, the blood flow to the connective tissue decreases and thus forms lumps filled with fat.
- Hormonal imbalance
- Genetic factors
- Pregnancy issues
- Obese or overweight
- Skin loosing elasticity
Natural home remedies for cellulite:
Dry skin Brush:
Brushing on your skin when the skin is dry. (Read : Tips for DRY SKIN)
The pore of the skin gets opened, helps in blood flow, releases toxins, improves skin cell and helps in skin tightening.
How to do:
Start from down toward heart. Just a slight brushing is enough rather than harsh brushing, which ends with red skin. Just make the long sweeps from feet to the heart, from arm to chest. Do not do anti-clock wise or in opposite direction, there is no use, doing it. Take a brush which have smooth bristles and start brushing for 5 min.
- It takes time, but the results are effective and the cheapest one.
Coffee cellulite scrub:
There are many uses and benefits of coffee to our skin, hair and health. But coffee also made a mark with cellulite. Just give a try as it increases the blood flow in the lymph, tightens the skin
- Coffee: ¼ cup
- Coconut oil: 3 tbsp
- Sugar: 3 tbsp
How to apply?
- Take a bowl, mix all of them and store in a container
- With firm pressure, massage on the affected areas for 20 min
- Wash off
- Do this at least thrice a week for better results. ( Read: Beauty and Health Benefits Of Coffee)
Cayenne pepper, increases the heat in the body, increases blood circulation, removes the toxins, reduce cellulite appearance.
- Cayenne pepper:2 tsp
- Ginger: 1 tsp
- Lemon : 1
How to prepare?
- Take a glass of warm water
- To it squeeze lemon, grated ginger and cayenne pepper.
- Mix them all and have it.
- Drink this daily at least for 2 months
Juniper berry essential oil:
It reduces fluid retention, activates skin cell tissues, works as detoxifying oil
- Juniper oil: 15 drops
- Olive oil : 1/4th cup
How to apply?
- Take both the oil
- Mix well, apply and massage on the affected areas for 15 min
- Do this for 3 months are results will be clear
Lemon essential oil:
It reduces the fat, softens the skin and improves skin elasticity, works as detoxifying oil and tightens the skin cells.
- Safflower oil: ½ cup
- Lemon essential oil: 20 drops
How to use?
- Mix both the oil and massage on the areas
- This has to be done only at night time, as the lemon oil in the morning is prone to photosensitivity
- Wrap a cloth around after massage and wash off after 15 min
Apple cider vinegar:
It contains magnesium, potassium and minerals, which removes toxin, water retention in cellulite affected areas, flushes out toxins. This removes extra fat and loses body weight.
- Apple cider vinegar: ½ cup
- Water : 1 cup
How to use?
- Mix the solution, in a bowl
- Rub the solution on the affected area and leave for 30 min
- Wash off with lukewarm water
It removes toxins from the body, improves skin texture and increases blood circulation.
- Seaweed: 3 tbsp powder
- Essential oil: few drops
- Sea salt: 1/4th
- Olive oil: few drops
How to apply:
- Take all the ingredients
- Mix all them and massage on the areas for 10 min and take shower
- This must be done before shower for 2 months