In the recent time the flu which has fast spread across the world is swine flu. Swine flu popularly known as H1N1 is the viral infection, which spreads from one to another, by cough, cold, sneeze. When the infecting person suffers from swine flu, his cough sprays in the air in the form of virus to other person and gets contagious with swine flu. Virus spreads 10 times faster.
Since 2009, the persons suffering and death rate has increased due to swine flu. It is originated from the virus in pigs, but spreads from one person to other. (Read: How to Remove Mosquito bites)
Who gets affected by swine flu?
Swine flu was reportedly seen in
- Children age below 5 yrs
- Teenagers below 19 yrs who are taking aspirin for a long run
- Adults age above 65 yrs
- People suffering from low immunity
- Pregnant woman
- People who have heart attack, asthma, long term chronic illness
What are the symptoms of swine flu?
The symptoms are alike just like the common flu
- Body pains
- Sore Throat
How to prevent Swine Flu?
Well, this is a flu, and cannot avoid it to the fullest. Little prevention can make a big difference.
- Wash your hands with hand wash regularly
- Clean your phones and computers regularly. Virus easily sits on the phones and spreads easily by touching nose and mouth.
- Consult doctor when feeling low or suffering from flu or cold.
- Avoid going out when the flu is in peak.
- Wear a face mask respirator when going out in public places
Natural home remedies for swine flu:
Garlic is the super natural food which cures major health problems like heart diseases, fever, ear pain and many. The allicin present in garlic generates anti-oxidants in the body. It fights against the virus in the body and strengthens immune system.
- Take 2 raw garlic cloves with warm water on empty stomach in the morning for 1 month
Homeopathy medicines: In India, homeopathy medicines came into existence and became very popular. These were taken by one and all in the form of 5 pills morning and evening before eating. This gives and increases immune system and fights against the flu.
Tulsi is the medicinal plant and religious plant for Hindus. Keeping the culture aside, tulsi is the medicinal plant which is used multi purposely for many health issues. It fights against the infection in the body, cleans and clears liver infection. (Read: Amazing Health benefits of Tulsi Leaves)
- Take a copper glass with water
- Add 5 tulsi leaves and soak it overnight
- Next morning, drink that water with leaves
- Do this daily
Milk with Turmeric:
Turmeric is the spicy and the medicinal spice, which treats all kinds of infections in our body. This is the grand ma tip which our ancestors used to follow. It clears the lungs infections, treats cold, increases immunity, maintains body temperature. (Read: Turmeric With Lemon Water Benefits)
- Take a glass of warm milk with pinch of turmeric in it.
- Drink this daily at night
Camphor(kapoor) contains anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which fights against any type of bacteria and fungus.
- Take camphor less than a small size tablet once a month
- For children, give them with potato
For children and adults who feels hard to gulp
- Take hot water and drop camphor in it
- Just take the steam once a month
Giloy or moon seed:
The ayurvedic plant Giloy is treated as god of herbs for fighting swine flu. This plant has gained immense popularity due to its properties. It builds up the resistance in the body to fight against infections in the body.
- Take one long branch of giloy herb and 7 tulsi leaves
- mix it and make the paste
- Now take 1 cup of water, add this paste and boil it until it becomes to 1/4th.
- Drink this when it is lukewarm
Aloe vera :
Aloe vera the king of medicinal plants, it is available at every house. It contains anti-inflammatory and anti fungal properties which kills infections in the body.
- Take 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel in lukewarm water
- Drink it daily or can just have the aloe vera
Amla or Indian gooseberry:
Amla contains vitamin C, which increases the immune system, increases body resistance against infection by increasing the number of red blood cells.
- Take 1 cup of amla juice daily or eat it raw
We all know olive oil is used right from dry skin to kitchen recipes. olive herbs are far more important than them, but not everyone does know that. it contains flavonoids and polyphenols, which fights nausea, fever, cough and cold.
Drinking water removes the toxins and infections from the body. So staying hydrated is good. Drink lots of water at least 8 glasses per day. (Read: Benefits of Cucumber Water)
Pranayama and anulom vilom:
By doing this yoga asanas, one can flush out the toxins from the body, clears lungs, improves breathing, supports immune system. (Simple Beginner Yoga Poses)
- Daily morning do these asanas for 30 min without fail
Consult doctor, if the fever continues for more than 1 week. Swine flu cannot be proven until it is lab tested. If the fever or cough starts, then immediately try out these remedies.