Menstrual pain ‘dysmenorrhea’ is the stage, where every girl suffers from lot of pain. Those 5 days are horrible and dreadful to pass. These include stomach pain, dizziness, laziness, etc., but did you any make efforts of reducing it. Many of them approach doctors, take sedatives, these sedatives contains lots of side effects. Shall we need all this? The answer is no.
Why does menstrual pain happen?
Pain occurs during periods, because muscles of womb contract and relax to remove the built-up lining. During this process, many of them suffer from diarrhea, vomiting, nausea and headaches. Major pains will be in abdomen, thighs and back.
Try out these home remedies and little efforts can down the menstrual cramps.
Effective Home remedies For Menstrual Pain
Take rest :
A complete body rest is needed for 5 days. If body strains, the pressure builds up on the muscles and thus increases pain and bleeding. So rest is needed to the maximum extent.
Hydrate your body :
Drink lots of water especially during menstrual period. Drinking water reduces stomach bloating which is one of the reasons of pain. Drinking water also increases blood flow to the skin and reduces menstruation pains, have at least 6-8 glasses of water.
- If you are bored of drinking plain water opt for mint or lemon water.
- Eat lots of cucumbers and watermelons.
- Have a ginger or chamomile tea.
- Opt for light fruit juices.
Apply heat pads :
with heat pads, hot water bags, wrap warm towel or hot water bottle, etc., can give an effective relief from pain. Apply heat pads, hot water bags, on the abdomen and back, this gives maximum relief.
- Apply hot water bags of about 104F.
- If you does not have heat pads aor hot water bags, you can do at your home itself.
- Take 2 pieces of fabric cloth.
- Sew it with pores open at the top.
- Pour semi heat cooked rice in bag and sew the opened pore.
- Now apply the pad on your pad and abdomen.
Foods to be avoided :
During menstruation period, one has to avoid these foods.
Never take the following foods as these increases inflammation and increases pain
- Caffeine Fatty and salty food, spicy food.
- Carbonated beverages.
Instead of those, opt for
- Blueberries and papaya.
- Green-leaf vegetables.
- Coldwater fish.
- Ginger and fennel seeds.
- Banana and avocados.
- Peanut butter and flaxseeds.
These will help in lowering menstrual pain and increases good health.
Massaging with oils :
These are the age-old ancient treatments which has been used since ages. In the recent study, reveals that constant massaging with essential oils iin the abdomen for 5 mins, will get relief from pain and bleeding, by increasing blood supply.
The combination of these oils with almond oils will reduce inflammation and reduce the pain. Take essential oils like
- Clove Rose.
Note : Try a patch test on the abdomen, one day before using. incase of any irritation or itching, completely avoid the oil.
The age old therapy is used since ancient times in china. The use of accupoint in SP6 will do the benefits of getting relieve from menstrual pains and bleeding. This also benefits kidney and spleen, infertility, uterine prolapse, etc.,
Taking at least 4-6 acupuncture treatments will be benefitted.
Pickle juice :
- Take 1/2 cup of pickle juice daily during periods time.
- It contains high sodium content, which relaxes.
- Mucles, rehydrates body and gives relief from pain.
- Right after you experience muscle cramps.
- This must not be taken on empty stomach.
Aloevera gel :
Start taking aloevera gel 5 days before starting of periods. It contains anti-inflammatory properties which soothes muscles, improves blood flow, reduces the intensity of pain.
When to consult doctor?
One has to consult doctor, when,
- Heavy bleeding.
- Pain is unbearable.
- During pregnancy.
- Menstrual pain continue for longer time.
Bottom line :
Menstrual cramps is the one which cannot be avoided, one has to face it at any cost. Follow certain remedies, yoga and exercise before and after periods will certainly make the difference.