Lungs the mostly self-cleaned part of our body. Lungs go through a lot, it breathes bad and detoxified air, inhales bad air in the form of pollution and tobacco. Heavy smoking and intake of alcohol also destroys lungs. The main function of lungs is to inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide. Oxygen is then supplied to red blood cells, which is then supplied to the whole body.
If lungs are not cleaned and clear, then comes many lungs problems like Asthma, cystic fibriosis, pneumonia, Tuberculosis, COPD, lung cancer, other chronic diseases, etc.,
Consulting a doctor or visiting a diagnostic is the first thing, every patient has to do. Here are the few natural remedies to clean your lungs. (Read: Reasons for Liver Damage)
Methods To Clean Your Lungs:
Take fresh breath:
Inhaling of fresh air and breathing of fresh air in the morning, when there is no pollution, lungs are cleaned to the greater extent. A brisk walk in the morning will be an apt one.
Drink lots of water :
Drinking 7-8 glasses of water, increases the blood flow to and fro from lungs throughout the body. It hydrates lungs, kicks off the mucus consistency from lungs. For removing the mucus from lungs, drinking enough water is necessary.(Read: Best Detoxification Drink)
Pursed lip breathing, belly breathing, yoga, deep inhale and exhale, etc., will be a good exercise to cleanse lungs.
Stop smoking :
According to survey, about 40% of adults suffer from serious lung diseases just because of smoking. Alcohol and tobacco contains carbon monoxide and tar, which blocks lungs and damages them.
Take a healthy and restrictive diet which is good for lungs health. Take fresh veggies, fish, chicken and walnuts to keep your lungs healthy and good. (Foods Not To Eat In The Morning)
- Fish : The omega 3 fatty acids in fish, is very much good for lungs health.
- Apricots and Walnuts : It contains vitamin A and omega 3 fatty acids, purifies lungs
- Broccoli and Beans : They contains antioxidants, which fights free radicals, that are responsible to damage lungs. kidney beans, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, etc., are all taken for good lung health.
Acupressure point is the one, where the results can be seen after continual efforts. For every organ, there are pressure points, which can be pressed for some minutes.
- The pressure point is located at the base of the thumb. Press for 5 min and relax. By continually doing this, it removes dry cough, cold and infection form the lungs.
Eucalyptus oil :
One of the best essential herbs and oil is eucalyptus oil. It contains antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. (Read: Castor leaves oil Benefits)
- Drop few drops of eucalyptus oil in hot water and take steam of it. By inhaling and exhaling, it clears the respiratory system and cleans the lungs
- Eucalyptus Tea is available in the market. Prepare and drink eucalyptus tea twice a day, it also removes mucus from the lungs.
- Also can apply eucalyptus oil on the neck and on the top of the stomach region, to get some relief.
Cayenne pepper :
It contains enzyme called capsaicin, which improves blood flow, fights infection and stimulates mucus membranes. Orally taking cayenne pepper twice a day will show better results. Its been proved that taking cayenne pepper has removed lung infection to the greater extent.
Oregano contains anti-inflammatory properties, which cleans the nasal passages and improves respiratory system. It contains anti-oxidants like carvacrol and terpenes, which cleanses lungs.
- Take oregano in the form of tea twice daily.
- You can also have it by mixing in milk or warm water. (Read: Milk With Jaggery Benefits)
The enzymes and anti-oxidants present in ginger, removes the free radicals and clears lungs.
- Take ginger by preparing ginger tea 2 – 3 cups thrice a day
- add honey or lemon for taste
- ginger is expert in wiping off the mucus from lungs.
Pepper mint leaves :
Use fresh peppermint leaves twice a day. Peppermint contains menthol which strengthens respiratory muscles and relaxes them
- daily chew freshly 2-3 peppermint leaves.
- through Peppermint oil inhaling and exhaling can make wonders. Just drop 3-4 oil drops in warm water and steam
- Drink peppermint tea twice a day.
Clean your home:
Whatever starts, it starts from our home. Clean your house, properly, as the more dust in the house, the more fungus enters in your lungs and it is called as mold.
Wear a mask:
It’s impossible to avoid air pollution, but at least we can make a try. Try wearing an air mask or wrap a scarf and cover your nose and mouth. Pollution contains carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide, which blocks and damages lungs and respiratory system.