What happens when your skin is pale? Did you ever feel low looking your patchy skin? Definitely one feels sad, because beauty always matters, be it female or male. Why does this happen? Is this a major issue. I say yes because this does not goes off instantly, it takes time and can be cured
Our skin gets color from Melanin. Melanin is a pigment which is formed by special cells in the skin. When these cells in the skin become damaged or gets unhealthy, it affects melanin production, which in turn our skin becomes pigmented. Skin pigmentation is the dark patches found on the skin. Excessive of melanin production makes skin dark and makes your skin pigmented and is called as hyper-pigmentation. Lesser melanin production makes your skin light or pale and is called as albinism. (Read: Black pigmentation Remedies)
What are the factors for pigmentation?
- Excessive of sun exposure, which increases the melanin production and thus becomes dark
- Usage of wrong or over-chemical based cosmetics.
- Hormonal level changes
- Skin burnt or damage from injury
- Certain genetic factors
Home remedies to avoid skin pigmentation :
Potato for Skin Pigmentation :
We all know, potato makes wonders on the skin, either be it acne, wrinkles, dark patches, etc., It works for pigmentation too, because it contains an enzyme named catecholase, which helps from over melanin production
- Raw potato: 1.
- Take 1 raw potato and peel off
- Now make it into pieces and make the juice
- With the cotton ball, apply the juice on the face
- Leave it for 20 mins and wash with lukewarm water
- Repeat this daily for effective results. (Read: Skin tags remedies)
Papaya For Skin Pigmentation :
Papaya contains an enzyme called papain, which reduces the excess melanin production and gives even skin tone . (Read: Papaya Beauty Benefits)
- ½ papaya.
- Milk: ½ tsp.
- Honey: ½ tsp.
- Take 1 papaya, peel off and extract the juice
- Now take milk and honey and add to the juice
- Mix those well and apply on the affected areas, leave it for 30 ins
- Wash off and pat dry
- Repeat this process daily
Note: you can also just apply raw papaya juice, it also gives the best results
Almonds for Skin Pigmentation:
Almonds contain vitamin E also called a skin Vitamin which helps from skin pigmentation. (Read: Remedies for Skin tan)
- Almonds: 3-4
- Honey: 1 tsp
- Milk: 2 tsp
- Lemon juice : 1 tsp
- Take almonds and soak overnight
- Remove the peel and make a thick paste by adding some milk
- Now add honey and lemon
- Apply at night time and wash off in the morning
- Do this daily for better results
Banana for Pigmentation :
Banana contains vitamin K, potassium and natural exfoliater which cleanses and deep nourishes skin from the deep and gives glowing skin.
- Banana : 1.
- Milk : 1 tsp.
- Honey : 1 tsp.
- lemon : 1 tsp.
- Take a banana and mash it
- To this add milk and honey
- In case if milk is unavailable then opt for lemon juice
- Mix the paste well without lumps formed
- Apply on the pigmented skin and leave for 30 mins
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
Sandalwood Powder :
Sandalwood powder is a natural blood purifier, which protects skin from UV rays. It is acts a natural sunscreen and can be applied daily
- Sandalwood powder
- Rose water : few drops
- Take 2 tbsp of sandalwood powder
- Add few drops of rose water, so that lumps are not formed.
- Apply the paste on the skin and leave until it pat dry.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water
Note: before applying sandalwood powder clean your face with cleanser.
Cucumber paste :
Cucumber contains skin lightening agents, skin rejuvenation, treats acne and blemishes and improves complexion.
- Cucumber : 1.
- Lemon juice : 2 tsp.
- Take a cucumber and peel off
- Make the paste of it and mix it with lemon juice
- Apply the paste on the affected and leave for 30 mins
- Wash off with cool water
- D o this twice a day
- You can also rub the cucumber slices on the face.
Aloe Vera :
Aloe Vera balances the body oil with natural pH, contains anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, which cleanses skin and produces new skin cells.
- Aloevera gel : 2 tsp
- Honey : ½ tsp
- Take aloe vera and extract the gel
- Add to this honey
- Mix them well and let it sit for 10 mins
- Apply the mixture on the face and leave it for 30 mins
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
This must be done daily for effective results.
Red Onion :
Red onion contains vitamin C, which is an anti oxidant, cleanses and purifies skin. (Read: Benefits of Onion Skin)
- Red onion : 1
- Take a red onion
- Grate it and make the paste
- Apply the paste on the areas which are affected
- Leave it for 30 mins and wash off with lukewarm water
- This can be done thrice a week.
Apple cider Vinegar :
ACV contains beta carotene and alpha hydroxyl acid, which exfoliates skin, cleanses it and gives younger looking skin. (Read: Remedies of Wheat Grass)
- ACV : 1 tsp.
- Water : as per required.
- Take 1 tsp of ACV and add some water
- Mix it well and apply on the affected area
- Leave it for 15 mins and wash off with lukewarm water
- This can be done daily
Bottom Line :
Many modern methods are being implemented for pigmentation for faster results, but this may contain side effects. Home remedies are quite effective, which takes time, but gives good results.