Skin tags medically known as acrochordon, are the small pop out of the skin connected to the inner skin layer with a thin stalk. Skin tags has strong characteristic feature, which appears on the neck, back, eye lids, underarms, upper chest, groin.(Read: skin tan tips)
Skin tags are the 1 mm tiny skin either brown or pale coloured. These are benign, tumors of the skin, non cancerous which consists of nerve cells, fat cells, layer of fiber, covered with epidermis of skin. Very large skin tags bursts, while many of them peel off on their own. These are not seen at birth, but increases, while growing up.
These are more commonly seen in people:
- Suffering from obesity,
- More of skin to skin contact.
- During the second trimester of pregnancy, skin tags starts growing.
- People who are diabetic
- Generally starts at midlife
- People suffering from skin condition called acanthosis nigricans (Read: Tips for nail growth)
Home remedies of skin tags at home:
Apple cider vinegar :
ACV is the one which contains acid, which peels and removes out on its own. (Read: Foods not to be eaten during pregnancy)
- Few drops of ACV
- Cotton ball
- Take a cotton ball
- To it pour few drops of ACV
- Now apply it on the skin tags and hld it for 20 mins or just stick it with plaster.
- Do this daily.
- With the regular application of ACV to the skin tags, it dries off and gets peeled off.
Note : If irritation persists, then avoid it.
Vitamin E oil :
Vitamin E oil plays a vital role for skin wrinkles and skin care. (Read: Remedies for Nose bleeding)
- Few drops of vitamin E oil
- Cotton balls
- Take a few drops of ACV and pour on the cotton ball
- Now apply this ACV on the skin tags and hold on with plaster
- Next day remove the bandage, change the cotton and stick other cotton
- This must be daily until skin tags gets peeled off
Note : This takes months to get rid of it, but results are prominent.
Tea tree oil :
It contains anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which protects skin from entering the bacteria and increasing the infections. Tea tree oil has been proven effective on skin tags. (Read: Benefits of watermelon seeds)
- Drops of Tea tree oil
- Q dip dropper
- Take few drops of tea tree oil
- Take a q dip dropper and insert few drops of tea tree oil on it
- Gently massage around the skin and on the tags
- Bandage it over night
Banana peel :
Banana peel have shown effective results on warts and so is on skin tags. It is proven that banana works effectively on skin tags.
- Banana peel
- Take the white fiborous part of banana peel
- Apply the peel on the skin tags
- Or just rub and stick the peel on tags, bandage
- Leave it overnight and remove it next morning.
Baking soda with castor oil :
Baking soda and castor oil contains to alter the PH level of the skin which removes skin tags easily. (Read: Baking soda remedies)
- Baking soda : 1 tsp
- Castor oil : few drops
- Take 1 tsp of baking soda
- Add few drops of castor oil
- Mix it well as it will be sticky
- Now apply on the tags and Massage it gently
Liquid iodine :
There are evidences that liquid iodine can help in peeling off skin tags. It breaks down the cells of the skin and let the skin tags peel off on its own.
- liquid iodine : few drops
- coconut oil : few drops
- Q tip dropper : 1
- Take few drops of liquid iodine and coconut oil
- Mix both well
- Now take a Q tip dropper and extract the oil
- Clean the surrounding area of the skin with coconut oil
- Pour the diluted mix on skin tags
- Cover it with a cotton
- Skin tags will start shedding within a few weeks
The most smelliest of all the ingredients. Garlic is an anti-bacterial, anti-viral agent, a natural medicine which gives a natural skin, by removing warts and skin tags.
Garlic clove : 2
- Cotton Ball : 2
- Bandage : 1
- Crush the garlic cloves
- Take the paste
- apply the paste on the tags and cover it with cotton
- leave it for 20 mins
- Apply the garlic paste day by day, because, constant use may increase the skin irritation
Bottom Line :
Skin tags is not a serious issue, but yes, it is a beauty concern. Opt for the home remedies, but do not cut, pluck or any harsh methods,