We all look forward to the holiday season because this is the time when we get to dress to the nines. If you are both excited to attend the festivities but are also worried about what to wear, let us tell you that we’ve got you all sorted.
This festive season, you can choose to dress up in a gown instead of a saree, a lehenga, or even a dress. Gowns are an iconic fashion choice and have been a red-carpet staple in the fashion industry. If you want to strike a balance between traditional and modern styles, gowns are a classic choice.
For those who always follow celebrities and models to keep updated on the latest fashion trends, you must know that gowns are back in style. If you want to ooze that Victorian vibe, buy gowns that suit your body and style.
- Ball gowns: We all want to be the belle of the ball on festive occasions. If you want to look nothing short of Cinderella on a joyous occasion, ball gowns are an ideal choice. The fitted bodice, which culminates in a flared skirt, is perfect for almost all body types, except for pear-shaped women. A pear-shaped body is already heavier on the bottom, which is why these gowns will only make the lower body look more voluminous.
- Mermaid gowns: You can never go wrong with this style, which is fitted from the top to the knees or calves and then flares up as if a mermaid’s tail. If you want to pull off a glamorous look, you can opt for a sleeveless mermaid gown with a plunging neckline and a backless design. You can even opt for an entire sequined look for a more dramatic approach. These gowns are ideal for women with an hourglass body because they perfectly highlight the curves.
- Empire waist gowns: Perfect for cocktail parties, these gowns ooze sophistication and are classy. The high waistline starts just below the breasts and gives you a nice silhouette, considering the bodice is fitted. If you want to enhance your figure, we suggest you rock this trend.
- A-line gowns: If you are confused about which types of gowns will suit your body type, stick to the A-line ones because they are ideal for all body types. This type of gown will start tapering from your waist down to give you a fuller look from the bottom.
- Trumpet gowns: These gowns are similar to the mermaid ones because they start flaring out at the thighs. If you have a smaller waist or an hourglass figure, you can stick to this gown, which will help highlight your silhouette. You can opt for an off-shoulder gown featuring ruffled detailing from the thigh down for a voluptuous look.
Gowns are an iconic trend that will never go out of style. Be it wedding parties, receptions, or even cocktail evenings, a gown will transform your entire look and give you that regal touch that no other lehenga or saree can give you.