Waking up with shiny or greasy skin each day can be irritating and can come in the way of having a good morning. Believe it or not, you have oily skin if you suffer from this problem. The oily skin is prone to many skin problems such as blackheads, pimples, acne, and many more signs of aging that make you look dull and weak. But soothing the skin with a perfect hydrating best face wash for oily skin will possibly help you attain naturally glowing, dewy, ad smooth skin.
Contrary to popular belief, oily skin still needs moisturization to avoid the build-up of excess sebum or acne-prone skin. It will also help maintain your skin’s natural glow and prevent it from getting affected by environmental irritants.
When choosing a face moisturizer for oily skin, opt for something natural that controls excess oil production naturally goes a long way. For example, vitamin C, found in many citrus fruits and vegetables, is a water-soluble vitamin that can alleviate many skincare concerns. The same is true for salicylic acid too.
Did You Know?
Vitamin C is rich in Ascorbic Acid and antioxidants that boost the immune system, accelerate tissue repairs, enhance collagen formation, and help the skin glow naturally. Conversely, the deficiency of this vitamin causes severe skin diseases, poor immunity, and even neurotic disturbances.
Why Do We Need a Moisturizer for Oily Skin?
Let’s pay attention to some nuances of oily skin.
- Oily Skin Vs. Hydrated Skin: Oily skin and hydrated skin are two different skin concepts. Excess oil on the skin and hydration are not the same thing. The excess oil on the skin, secreted by sebaceous glands, may clog the skin pores, and inflames the skin cells. It may also result in acne.
Hydrating the skin with a toxin-free face moisturizer for oily skin makes the skin plump and youthful by providing the skin layers the water it needs. Applying an oil-free face moisturizer for oily skin can inhibit sebum production and provide the hydration oily skin needs.
2. Environmental Factors: It is important to keep an oil skin hydrated to protect it from environmental factors like UV rays and pollution. Also, exfoliating oily skin is crucial to prevent build-up.
6 Benefits of using moisturizers you shouldn’t overlook
The following benefits will convince oily skin types to incorporate an oil-free moisturizer into the skincare routine.
- Prevents seasonal dryness: People with oily skin strongly believe moisturizing will make their skin greasier. But this is what makes their skin oily. Irrespective of the weather, using face moisturizers for oily skin by Mamaearth prevents your skin from drying by retaining moisture and combating the effects of a harmful environment.
- Faster cell turnover rate: The regeneration process slows down, making the signs of aging permanent. Oil-free moisturizers packed with Vitamin C boost collagen production, which further helps regenerate new cells under the dermis and improves cell function, leading to better skin health.
- Brightens the skin complexion: Aging causes many skincare concerns as it loses the ability to heal itself and produce collagen. People with oily skin are prone to have a dull and damaged complexion. Hydrating and moisturizing the skin with a face moisturizer for oily skin boosts the ability to repair, tighten pores, and produce collagen, giving the skin a more radiant and oil-free glowing complexion.
- Treats hyperpigmentation and blemishes: Besides making your skin smooth and healthy, using a face moisturizer for oily skin gives a natural glow. It hides small imperfections and evens out the skin tone by concealing blemishes, discoloration, redness, and dark spots.
4 Smart tips to maximize the benefits of moisturizing
- Purifying your skin: Exfoliating your skin helps remove excess sebum, dead skin cells and toxins from the pores and opens them for locking in the moisture. Applying a moisturizer on the damp skin helps lock in the moisturizer that forms the protective barrier.
- Tone to hydrate: Before moisturizing, toners are essential to remove the impurities deep inside the skin layers and balance the skin’s pH levels, preparing the skin for effective moisturization.
- Moisturize to pamper: Your oily skin has eliminated oiliness and unwanted impurities. The last step to achieving dreamy skin is maintaining an AM-PM moisturizing routine with an oil-free face moisturizer for oily skin. It helps to regulate sebum production, protects the skin, balances & rehydrates the skin.
- Avoid over-moisturization: Do not apply excess moisturizer on oily skin as it may lead to skin breakouts, clogs pores and bumps, and promotes the build-up of dead skin cells.
Mistakes most people make while moisturizing their facial skin
- Applying the moisturizer too vigorously: Rubbing the moisturizer harshly in the skin may lead to over-exfoliation and damage the skin’s natural moisture barrier. The best way to apply the oil-free face moisturizer for oily skin is by gently massaging it onto the skin. This helps in quick absorption and promotes blood circulation.
- Incorrectly layering the products: Not following the steps in a skincare routine may even degrade skin health. To achieve healthy skin, applying light and safe products is crucial as they nourish healthy skin. Ensure a proper CTM skincare routine.
- Avoiding the skin around the eyes: As the skin around the eyes is sensitive, it shows signs of aging when exposed to harmful pollutants such as dark circles under the eyes. The skin under the eyes needs to be hydrated regularly with a moisturizer to slow down the process.
- Applying the wrong moisturizer: Many people choose moisturizers that do not suit their skin type and contain harmful chemicals such as fragrances, SLS, parabens, and much more. Choose the toxin-free and oil-free moisturizer that is made with the goodness of natural ingredients such as Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid, Niacinamide, Turmeric, Vitamin E, Gotu kola, and much more.
How can you keep your lips healthy?
You can apply Mamaearth Vitamin C Tinted Natural Lip Balm to prevent your lips from getting dry and chapped. Loaded with the goodness of natural ingredients such as Vitamin C & Honey, it keeps them hydrated and soft all day, removes dead skin cells, and gives your lips a beautiful flush of tint in various colors.
Oily skin may be caused due to genetics or hormones, or environmental stressors, and treating it may be a little tough. However, the right skincare routine for oily skin and proper lifestyle habits may help reduce the effects.
We recommend you keep your face moisturized with the best oil-free face moisturizer for oily skin and natural tinted lip balm from Mamaearth so you can achieve the dreamy look on your face.
Did you know? Mamaearth is Asia’s 1st MadeSafe Certified brand that curates products with the help of natural and toxin-free ingredients. In addition, it is a plastic-positive brand that stays committed to giving back to nature.