Glowing, youthful skin is something that most people desire. Yet, many of them do not realize how certain everyday habits rob the youthfulness of their skin. So much so that they are often left dealing with premature skin-ageing problems. As you must be aware, there are no magical solutions to stop natural skin ageing.
But you can delay the process with effective skincare solutions, such as Lotus herbal anti-ageing cream. At the same time, you also need to avoid the everyday habits that can accelerate skin ageing. Let us take a look at the sneaky everyday habits that can dim your glow and age your skin.
There is no denying that sunlight is essential for your skin. It helps the skin manufacture vitamin D, a crucial bone-forming nutrient. But skin problems kick in when you neglect practicing safe sun care. Overexposure to UV radiation damages the outer layer of the skin.
This outer layer has cells containing melanin, the pigment that protects your skin from the UV rays of the sun. Damage to this layer can cause sunburn and reduce the skin’s elasticity, resulting in fine lines, wrinkles, and premature ageing. So, how can you practice safe sun care and limit sun damage?
- You should avoid sun exposure between 10 am to 3 pm when the sun is the brightest.
- Use sun-protective clothing to cover exposed skin when you are outdoors.
- Minimize sun damage by applying a sunscreen of SPF 40 or higher every day.
Everyone knows smoking is bad for health. But are you aware that smoking can make your skin less hydrated and less elastic? This often results in dry, dull, and wrinkled skin, the classic signs of skin ageing. Smokers are also susceptible to developing fine lines around their mouth and eyes much earlier than non-smokers.
An occasional drink may not harm your skin when it comes to alcohol. But if you indulge in regular drinking, it can cause premature and exaggerated ageing. Excessive or chronic alcohol consumption can damage elastin and collagen, the proteins responsible for keeping your skin looking young.
Your skin can also suffer from dehydration due to your drinking habit. Overall, drinking can lead to dull, dry, and wrinkled skin. When youthful skin is a priority, what do you need to do?
- Keep away from consuming alcohol excessively.
- When enjoying a drink, add lots of water to it.
- You need to rehydrate your skin by drinking plenty of water.
- Use the best anti-ageing cream for dry skin that is chemical-free.
What goes inside your body shows on your skin! So, an unhealthy diet is a big no for maintaining your youthful looks. If you pamper your taste buds with sugary delights and processed foods, your skin will bear the brunt of it.
Your diet impacts the collagen and elastic fibers in your skin. These proteins are related to skin sagging, rhytides, and loss of skin elasticity. How to use your diet to keep skin ageing at bay?
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet every day.
- Include fresh fruits and green vegetables in your diet.
- You should limit your intake of sugar and refined carbohydrates.
- Give up on your love of processed food items.
Exercise is not only great for your muscles, lungs, and heart; it is also essential for keeping your skin youthful. When you work out, you help increase the blood flow in your body. This, in turn, nourishes your skin cells by carrying oxygen and nutrients to them. As a result, your skin looks vibrant and healthy.
Exercise also helps to reduce stress, which plays a significant role in premature ageing. Even a moderate exercise routine can reverse the signs of skin ageing. But it would help if you took proper measures against sun damage when exercising outdoors. To turn the age clock, what should you do?
- Follow a strength-based and endurance training routine at least twice a week.
- Protect your skin with a non-greasy sunscreen when exercising outdoors.
Sleep is essential for your skin and complexion, and there are no two ways about it. Not getting enough sleep or a disturbed sleep routine can disrupt your skin rejuvenation process and accelerate your ageing process. Your growth hormones repair damaged skin cells and enhance skin barrier function when you sleep.
If you cut down on sleep, your skin does not get the chance to repair itself. So, if you continue doing this, your skin tends to show visible signs of ageing over time. What steps to take for making your sleep work for your skin?
- Get at least 7 to 8 hours of sound sleep every night.
- Maintain a sleep routine and go to sleep simultaneously every day.
- Make sure you sleep in a cool, dark, quiet room.
- Apply an anti-ageing cream to help skin rejuvenation.
No Anti-ageing Skincare Routine
Your skin starts losing its glow and vibrancy as you age. It tends to become dry and lifeless, along with the appearance of fine lines. You can combat such issues with an anti-ageing skincare routine. Experts recommend that you follow an anti-ageing skincare routine from your late 20’s onwards. Try to use products free of harmful preservatives, parabens, and sulfates.
By selecting safe products, such as Lotus Herbals YouthRx Youth Restore, a Lotus anti-ageing cream, you can ensure that your skin suffers from no side effects. Further, you can help regain your glowing complexion and smooth skin. How can you follow an anti-ageing skincare routine?
- You should cleanse your face gently with a mild cleanser twice daily.
- Apply a sun-protection of SPF 40 or higher to combat sun exposure.
- Use an anti-ageing cream specifically designed to fight the signs of ageing.
- Consider a moisturizer with anti-ageing properties to hydrate your face.
Your skin needs extra attention as you start ageing. If you want to maintain fresh and youthful skin, you need to make the aforementioned lifestyle changes. Also, select your anti-ageing products from a trusted brand that offers clean and natural skincare solutions. So, go ahead and make the right moves to avoid skin ageing.