Body exercises is for relaxing body, in the same way are the eye exercises. Eye exercises does not entirely remove night blindness, eye sight, vision problem, etc., but still it relaxes eye muscles, removes eye strain and gives eye cooling effect.
By constantly staring at T.V or computer, our gets strained. Eyes and eye strains has to be relaxed, eye exercises are the best options, as it makes your eyes feel better.
What are The Benefits of Eye Exercises?
Myopia and night blindness, cannot be improved by eye exercises , but works on
- Eye strain
- Blurred vision
- Dry eyes
1. Easy Eye Exercises:
Follow the 20-20-20 rule: constant seeing of led screens or computer screens increases the risk of eye strain and eye sight. Follow the 20-20-20 rule
- After seeing computer for 20 sec
- See any object which is 20 feet away for 20 sec
This is warming of eyes, where eyes get relaxed from strain and darkness.
- Rub both the palm gently, so that the palms are warm
- Now place the palms on the eyes, so that palm must feel the warmth
- Do not cover nose with palms
- See to it that lights does not enter the eyes
- Once you feel the darkness, then remove the palms
- Repeat the exercise for 5-10 times
- Take deep breaths while placing palms on eyes
3. Eye Massage:
This exercise helps in strengthening eye lids and eye sight
- Wash your hands
- Close your eyes and start massaging around your eyes with fingers in circular motion
- Repeat it for 2-3 min
4. Eye Roll:
Rolling your eyes is a good one, as it enhance eye shape and strengthen muscles.
- Sit upright with neck straight
- Now roll your upwards towards the ceiling, then right side.
- Now roll downwards, then to your left. This complete clock wise direction
- Repeat the same step in anti clock direction
- When you complete 1 clock wise and anti-wise direction, one set of exercise is completed
- Do this for 4-5 times
5. Focusing on The Moving Finger:
This exercises increase your poor vision, improves concentration and strengthens eye muscles. This is the practice specifically done by ophthalmologists. This is to be practised by everyone.
- Stand or sit straight before a window
- Hold a pencil with 5 inches far away
- Now focus on the pencil tip for 10-15 seconds
- Move the pencil to the left and right
- Only move your eye balls and not neck or head
- Stretch your arms fully, but concentrate only on pencil tip
- Now focus on the window
- Bring back pencil to the original position and again focus on the pencil tip
- Do this at least for 5 times
6. Zooming With Eyes:
Zooming exercise helps in improving concentration on some of the objects which are hardly seen.
- Sit straight on the chair, with neck straight
- Stretch your arm, with thumbs up position
- Now focus on thumb
- Bring thumb closer to you about 3 inches; focus on the thumb for 10 sec
- Again stretch it to about 10 inches and again focus for about 10 sec
- Repeat it for 10 times
7. Blinking eyes:
This is the instant type of relaxation to our eyes
- Sit straight, with neck straight before a plain wall
- Close your eyes for 2 sec and open
- Do it constantly for 5 min
8. Eight number exercise:
All you need to do is to
- Sit on a chair, with 10 feet distance plane wall
- Draw a giant black eight number on the wall
- Start tracing the number in one direction for 30 sec
- Again in anti clock wise direction for another 30 sec
Eye exercises are only for relaxing eyes, eye muscles and avoid eye strain. Head aches and cataracts can be avoided only in the early stages. Always seek the guidance of ophthalmologists.