Acne is caused to everyone, especially to one who starts their puberty. During puberty, the sebaceous glands tend to produce more oil on the skin and pone to acne. Acne is mostly seen from the age of 14 to 45 yrs. Acne is of different types. Pimples, black heads, white heads, etc.,
What are the reasons for acne?
- Well there are many reasons for acne to form.
- Drinking less water and liquids
- Exposure to sunlight, dirt, dust and pollution
- Eating more of oily and spicy food
- Hormonal imbalances
- Irregular periods
Does diet effect acne?
Yes, it does affect. Some of the foods raises blood sugar, which releases a hormone called insulin the body. Excess insulin produces more oil by oil glands, which in turn increases acne.
Foods to control acne
It is numbered one in the list as it is the mineral, which is an important factor for development of skin, controls hormonal and metabolism levels. Make sure to include 40 mg of zinc in your diet. According to research, it is seen that people suffering from acne, have low levels of acne.
- Wheat germ
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Dried water melon seeds
- Roast beef
Nuts like pistachio and brazil nuts contain zinc vitamin A, C,E, antioxidant called selenium which controls the level of insulin, lowers inflammation and shows a great effect on skin
- Brazil nuts
Omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants:
Antioxidants are the one which repairs the damaged toxins and skin. Omega 3 fatty acids are sources mainly extracted from fish and egg. One of the major factors of acne is stress. Omega fatty acids and antioxidants fight on the stress factor, and relieves from mental tension.
Omega 3 fatty acids are mostly seen in
- Fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, sardines, etc.,
- Flax seeds
- Green tea contains antioxidants. Drink twice a day
The green leafy veggies contains antioxidants, vitamins, iron, calcium, phosphorus, which lowers inflammation, fights free radicals and protects skin from acne and other skin problems
While the orange and red coloured veggies helps in formation of collagen, prevents free radicals from damaging skin cells and restores it.
- Sweet potatoes
- Beet root
Add fruits in your diet as salads, eat raw or as juice.
- Avocado: it contains vitamin E, monounsaturated fatty acids, fiber, which clears acne causing bacteria, controls and stabilises blood sugar levels, gives glowing skin
- Red berries: it contains antioxidants and antihistamines, which prevents skin allergies and acne breakouts
- Kiwi: it contains vitamin C, which aids collagen promotion, removes fine lines and acne
Tea for acne:
Turmeric tea contains curcumin contains anti-inflammatory properties, which kills bacteria caused due to acne. Turmeric is also applied on the acne to remove it
- Spearmint tea reduces androgen levels and hormonal acne, which shows a great effect on acne.
- Pepper mint tea also found as one of the acne free one, which helps from stress, the main factor for acne
Probiotics like yogurt and kefir contains good bacteria, which works on the acne causing bacteria and works on it. Try out the greek yogurt in your salad or in the form of liquid and see the change.