Cracked heels are a serious problem, as they not only spoil the appearance of the soles of the feet but also cause unpleasant painful sensations. If you ignore this problem and do not deal with the treatment of cracks, then the situation will only get worse.
But not all people with cracked heels have the opportunity to visit beauty salons and buy expensive creams, ointments, and other medicines in pharmacies. What to do in this case? Many effective home remedies help fight this trouble. Below we will consider the causes of cracked heels and popular remedies for their treatment.
Why Do Cracks Appear on the Heels: The Main Reasons
Cracks on the heels are of two types: deep and in the form of small notches. In both the first and second cases, you should not postpone the treatment of cracks. This problem should be taken very seriously. The main causes of cracked heels are:
- Dry skin of the feet: Use skin moisturizer regularly to avoid fissures.
- Uncomfortable, tight, and oversized shoes: Always wear comfortable shoes.
- Consumption of alcohol: Alcohol dehydrates the body causing the cracks on feet. Many addiction rehab facilitators have found cracked feet to be common in addicts. So, for prettier and smoother heels, get rid of this addiction.
- Chronic skin diseases: You need to visit a dermatologist if the problem pertains.
- Poor foot hygiene: Take care of your feet, wash them, moisturize them, and have a healthy diet.
If you do not properly care for your feet and heels, then small and shallow cracks will not only turn into a huge problem, but can also become inflamed if sweat, dirt, or infection gets into them.
Home Remedies for Cracked Heels
Vitamins and Trace Elements for Healthy Heels
Experts say that one of the common causes of cracked heels is a lack of vitamins A and E.
It has a positive effect on the condition of the skin, teeth, hair, and nails. It is also called “beauty vitamin.” It promotes rapid healing of the skin, has a beneficial effect on its renewal.
In the form of carotene, this vitamin can be found in red and orange vegetables (bell peppers, carrots, etc.), pumpkin, berries, and greens:
- Sweet Potato
You can also call it the vitamin of youth. It is a powerful antioxidant. It activates cell growth and division, rejuvenates the body. This vitamin moisturizes the skin and enhances the action of vitamin A, promoting its absorption by the body.
Vitamin E is contained in such products:
- Corn oil
- Vegetable oils
- Grain crops
Aloe Vera for Cracked Heels
You can use natural aloe vera to make a healing bath or a nourishing mask.
Healing Bath Preparation Method
- To prepare a decoction of aloe, you need to take 5 tablespoons of finely chopped leaves of this wonderful plant.
- Put in an enamel container, pour 1 litre of boiling water, and bring to a boil. As soon as the broth begins to boil, turn off the fire immediately. Cover the container with a lid and leave for 3 to 4 hours.
- In the evening, boil 2-2.5 litres of water and mix them with aloe decoction. Feet need to soar for 20 – 25 minutes. For best results, repeat the procedure every day for a month.
Nourishing Mask Preparation Method
- Footbaths can be combined with a nourishing aloe vera mask to help speed up the healing process of cracks.
- To prepare the mask, cut off 5-6 aloe leaves, place them in the freezer for 5-6 days.
- Then grind the leaves in a meat grinder and place in a glass container, which is closed with a lid.
- Mix the chopped leaves with 5 tablespoons of natural honey and 2 egg yolks. Mix thoroughly to get a homogeneous mass.
- The skin of the heels should be slightly damp. Then wrap your feet in plastic wrap, and put on cotton socks on top.
Get Rid Oof Cracks with Onions
It is very simple to prepare a healing onion mask. You need to follow the following method:
- Take a small onion, mince it or chop it in a blender.
- Apply the resulting gruel to problem areas, wrap your feet with plastic wrap (a regular bag will do). And put on cotton socks.
- Leave the compress overnight, and in the morning rinse off the remnants of the mask with cool water.
- Then thoroughly treat your heels with a pumice stone and apply a nourishing or moisturizing cream to them. The course of treatment is 3 – 6 procedures (depending on the depth of the crack).
- You can repeat the procedure daily.
Lemon is the Perfect Remedy for Cracked Heels
Lemon contains acid, which is ideal for getting rid of cracks, dry, and chapped skin on the heels.
- Take one medium-sized lemon and cut it in half. Squeeze the juice out of the halves. Only a little pulp must remain on the peel.
- Place your heels in the peeled lemon halves. Slip your natural fabric socks right over the halves.
- After 30 – 35 minutes, take off your socks. Apply nourishing cream or coconut oil to your heels.
If you carry out this procedure regularly, then you can forget about cracked heels once and for all.
Burdock Will Save from Cracked Heels
Burdock not only helps to make hair stronger and healthier but also perfectly removes cracked heels.
- Take a few burdock leaves, mash them into gruel. Then add 2 – 3 tbsp. wheat flour and 2 – 3 tbsp. natural honey.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly. From the resulting mass, make cakes, attach them to the heels, and wrap your legs with plastic wrap, put on simple socks. This compress should be left overnight.
- In the morning, after removing the compress from the heels, treat the skin with a special nail file or pumice stone. Apply a nourishing or moisturizing cream.
The procedure can be repeated until the condition of the skin on the heels is completely satisfactory for you.
Having smooth and soft heels is a sign of beauty. Poor feet skin is a sign of poor hygiene and bad health. By following the above home remedies, you can make your feet beautiful once and for all.