Stress is a normal part of modern life. Unfortunately, day-to-day stress can wreak havoc on your face. Over time, high levels of stress can make acne and wrinkles more likely to develop. In addition, people are more likely to suffer from dry skin if they are under a lot of stress. Through a few easy techniques, you can relieve facial stress and look your best.
How Does Stress Impact Your Face?
When you are under stress, your sympathetic nervous system kicks into gear. It releases cortisol, adrenaline and other stress hormones. In addition to harming your immune system and other bodily processes, these stress hormones can also hurt your skin. For example, cortisol boosts oil production, which can lead to acne breakouts. In psychological studies, stress has been shown to worsen psoriasis, eczema and similar skin conditions.
Stress can impact your skin in the following ways.
- Because you are more likely to bite your lips and grind your teeth, you may suffer from damaged skin on your lips and dental problems.
- Cortisol production can increase oil levels and lead to clogged pores. In turn, the clogged pores can cause acne.
- The outer layer of your skin functions poorly when you are under stress, which causes it to retain less water. Because of this, your skin may feel dry and itchy.
- Stress can increase signs of aging, like bags under your eyes, uneven pigmentation and fine lines. It can also reduce the elasticity of your skin.
- When you are under stress, proteins in your skin start to change. This reduces your skin’s elasticity, which can cause additional wrinkles to form.
- Because weak immune systems allow bacteria to grow, you are more likely to suffer from skin conditions after stress weakens your immune system. You are also more likely to develop eczema, contact dermatitis and psoriasis.
Easy Techniques for Alleviating Facial Stress
While you cannot get rid of day-to-day stress, you can reduce the impact it has on your body. Meditation and yoga can help alleviate the mental effects of stress. Meanwhile, the following techniques can help reduce facial stress so that you can enjoy having beautiful, healthy skin.
1.Use a Jade Crystal Facial Roller
This KITSCH facial roller offers a number of beauty benefits. It helps to relieve stress from the facial area by massaging away your tension. Because it helps to relax the muscles in your face, it can alleviate fine lines and wrinkles. It can also improve your complexion by boosting your circulation.
The jade crystal facial roller can be used in other ways as well. If you use eye creams and other facial products, the facial roller can help your skin absorb the active ingredients better. It also works great with essential oils.
2.Try Facial Exercises
There are a number of different exercises you can use to relax your face. Each exercise targets one or more of the more than 50 muscles found in your face. You can try different exercises until you find one that works for you.
- Brow furrow: This exercise involves furrowing your eyebrows as high as you can. Do three repetitions for 15 seconds each.
- Happy face: Smile as wide as possible. Now, hold your smile for 10 seconds. Repeat this exercise five times.
- Nose scrunch: Try to wrinkle your nose. You should flare your nostrils as you count to 15. Then, you can release the tension in your face and repeat the exercise three times.
- Slack jaw: Relax your jaw so that it hangs limply. Then, lift your tongue until it touches the highest part of the roof of your mouth. Count to five. Then, you can relax your jaw briefly before repeating the exercise 10 times.
- Eye squeeze: Close your eyes as tightly as you can. Count to 20. Afterward, you should relax your eyes completely and stare blankly in front of your body for 15 seconds. You can repeat this exercise three times.
Research studies show that meditation can help reduce your catecholamine levels. This may be the reason why meditation and other relaxation techniques have been proven to alleviate psoriasis. By beginning a meditation practice, you can relieve facial stress and skin ailments.
4.Enjoy a Facial Massage
A facial massage works a lot like a jade crystal facial roller. It targets knots and tension in your facial muscles. By doing this, a massage can instantly relax your face. Through lotion and circular motions, you can boost lymphatic drainage. This helps your body naturally clear away toxins, reduce waste and stimulate your immune system.
While you may have to live with work-related stress, you do not have to look like it. The previous techniques can help you alleviate some of the damage stress can cause your face. Plus, the right techniques can help you can look years younger in just a short amount of time.