How does it feel, when we suffer from continual stools or diarrhea, vomiting, tired, nausea. These are all the symptoms o food poisoning. These are the dangerous symptoms, which cannot be avoided, if avoided; the result may worsen, where the patient has to get admitted in the hospital.
Food poisoning is the stomach upset or stomach gets infected, by eating all the contaminated and unhealthy food. These food include bacteria, virus, parasites and fungus. When these food items are taken, it enters our digestive tract, which gets infected, becomes a great problem for indigestion, lowers the levels of immune system and thus causes food poisoning problem. (Benefits of eating guava leaves)
What are the symptoms of food poisoning?
- Loose stools
- Abdominal cramps
- Stomach bloating
- Loss of appetite
- Dry mouth
- Low fever
- Head aches
- Blood in urine
When to see a doctor for Food poisoning?
- If the stools continue for more than 3 days
- Suffers from a high fever
- From no urine to blood in urine
How to prevent food poisoning?
- Contaminated food is mostly seen in raw and under cooked meat and fish
- Avoid raw or under cooked meat, fish or even egg
- Avoid unpasteurized dairy products like milk, cheese, curd, etc.,
- Wash your hand before cooking and eating
- Never consume food that is refrigerated for more than 3 days.
- Wash vegetables thoroughly
- Consume meals time to time
- over eating also results to food poisoning. (Read: Remedies for constipation)
Home remedies for food poisoning
This can be treated at home as well. Check out the home remedies.
The most common food and fruit which is commonly available to all. Banana contains potassium and is rich in fiber. It help is easy digestion and stop food poisoning to the maximum. (Read: Avoid banana with milk reasons)
- Banana : 1
How to consume:
- Take a banana in the morning thrice a day
- Take banana with a glass of milk
One banana makes your stomach full, helps in easy digestion and prevents diarrhea
Gulab jamoon syrup with banana and yogurt :
This is the age old and the most interesting recipe, which helps for food poisoning. Sugar syrups helps stopping the loose stools. Banana contains fiber which helps for easy digestion, where as yogurt soothes and removes the infection from the stomach
- Banana: 1
- Yogurt: 2 tbsp
- Gulab jamoon syrup : 4 tbsp
- Take a banana
- Cut it into small pieces and add yogurt
- Mix the banana and yogurt thoroughly
- Now add the syrup and mix it well
- Consume the whole mix
This can be done twice a day
Apple Cider Vinegar :
ACV is the one most used ingredient for fighting food poisoning. It is alkaline in nature and contains enzymes, minerals and anti-bacterial properties which fights against bacteria in the stomach
- ACV: 1-2 TBSP
- Warm water : 1 glass
- Take 1 glass of warm water
- Add to it 2 tbsp of ACV
- Mix it well and have it
- You must have it 2-3 times daily (Read: Benefits of eating carrot)
Ginger with honey:
Ginger contains gingerol antimicrobial properties which helps in fighting the parasites and bacteria contaminated in the stomach
- Ginger : 1
- Honey : 1 tbsp
- Take 2 cups of water
- Boil it and add pieces of ginger
- Boil it for 10 mins
- Let it get warm
- Add honey and take it
- Initially chew the ginger pieces while having ginger tea
- This must be done thrice a day, until the stool and vomiting gets suppressed
Read Also : Benefits of wheat grass juice
Lemon juice with sugar and salt:
Lemon contains antioxidants which kills the bacteria and avoid infection. Salt and sugar helps from vomiting, nausea and head ache. It also acts as a detox drink
- Lemon: 1
- Salt: pinch of
- Sugar: 1 tbsp
- Take a glass of water
- Squeeze lemon into it
- Now add sugar and salt
- Mix all of them well and drink it
- take it early in the morning and thrice a day
Basil leaves with honey :
Basil or tulsi is the herb which contains antimicrobial properties, kills pathogens in the stomach and soothes it.
- Basil leaves: handful
- Honey: 2 tbsp
- Take few basil leaves, crush and extract the juice from it
- Add honey to it and mix it
- Take this mixture instantly
- Take a glass of water and add some basil leaves
- Drink this water with or without honey. (Read: Benefits of Tulsi leaves)
Note : Every morning by drinking basil water increases your immune system
Garlic contains anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties, helps in fighting pathogens.
- Garlic Clove: 2-3
- Take 2-3 garlic cloves and peel off
- Chew it and consume some water
- Crush the garlic to paste
- Add some honey and consume it
- Note : Take it until it is totally cured. (Read:
Cumin seeds :
Cumin seeds or jeera is an anti-inflammatory, which gives instant relief from loose stools and abdominal cramping
- Cumin seeds : 1 tbsp
- Coriander juice : 1 tsp
- Salt : pinch of
- Take a glass of water
- Add to it cumin seeds and boil for 10 mins until color is changed
- Let it get warm
- Now add tsp of coriander juice and salt for taste
- Mix well and drink
- Just boil the cumin seeds in the water and drink it.
- This also gives instant relief.
Yogurt and fenugreek seeds:
- Yogurt : 1 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds : 1 tsp
How to consume :
- Take a tbsp of yogurt and mix fenugreek seeds
- Take yogurt and swallow it after taking yogurt take fenugreek seeds
- Swallow it do not chew it
- This is the old age ancient remedy which gives instant relief from vomiting and loose stools.
Mint tea :
Mint or peppermint tea is the one which hydrates your body, gives instant relief from digestion and soothes body.
- Mint leaves : Handful
- Honey : For taste
- Take 1 cup of water
- To it add handful of fresh mint leaves
- boil it all the juice is extracted in the water
- Let it get lukewarm
- Add tsp of honey to taste (Read: Advantages of Turmeric tea)
Note: This must be taken thrice a day which gives instant relief.
Bottom Line :
If the situation is not controlled by these home remedies, then consult doctor as soon as possible.
Hi admin your giving very unique content about your articles we regularly follow your site.please provide some more unique article s.