In 2022, India faces the cruelest summers, with heat waves striking the country. April has been the hottest month, with certain parts of the country recording temperatures as high as 45 degrees Celsius.
While the mercury keeps rising outside, you need to care for yourself. For starters, drink a lot of fluids to keep yourself hydrated. Do not step out of the house without proper sunscreen, and you can also carry an umbrella. It would be best to stick to eating cool foods that will help regulate body temperature.
But, what about your hair?
Like other parts of your body, your hair is equally affected by the rise in temperature. While this time it is a heatwave, your hair needs special attention during the summer season when the sun is shining down upon you in all its glory. One of the best solutions to protect your hair against the sun’s harmful UV rays is applying KMP Coconut Oil. Coconut oil is great for your hair throughout the year, especially when the weather is hot.
Why is oiling your hair necessary during summer?
In summer, hair tends to get very dry, frizzy, and lifeless because of the exposure to direct sunlight. The sun’s intense heat damages the hair and can make your hair appear scorched and parched for moisture.
If you don’t want your hair to be damaged during summer, you need to start applying coconut hair oil to regain your tresses’ natural thickness, shine, and softness. The oil acts as a sealant to seal moisture in the cuticles and repair the damaged locks so that your hair can get back its natural shine.
The presence of fatty acids in coconut oil makes this possible, and it helps to replace all the lipids you have lost in your hair with the scorching heat. The loss of lipids is one of the primary reasons why you are experiencing split ends during summer. So, you must not ignore taking care of your hair. Proper oiling can protect your hair.
You can also apply coconut hair oil before putting your hair through any heat treatment because this oil can protect hair against intense heat. Hence, if you plan to straighten your hair or indulge in any heat treatment, apply a subtle layer of coconut oil and then put your locks through the heat treatment. The final result will be soft, shiny hair, and the tresses won’t be damaged from heat.
How can coconut hair oil protect your tresses during summer?
- Coconut hair oil is a natural SPF and UV protector. Therefore, when you apply the oil to your hair, you create a shield so that the sun’s UV rays do not penetrate the cuticles and damage your hair. You can enjoy the summer season as long as you have coconut hair oil applied to your hair for protection.
- The oil helps to soften the roots of your hair so that you can prevent hair fall.
- Coconut hair oil locks the moisture in your tresses and penetrates deep inside the scalp, so your hair gets all the nutrients and fatty acids. Your hair will not feel dry and damaged throughout the season, as it will get the required nutrients to stay healthy even when the sun is shining mercilessly.
- Coconut hair oil is also known to protect hair against chlorine. So, if you are planning to take a dip in the swimming pool to cool down, you can apply a layer of coconut hair oil and then take a swim in the pool. Your hair will not lose its shine. Even if you have colored hair, coconut hair oil will protect it and prevent any reaction to the pool’s chlorine.
How to apply coconut hair oil during summer?
There are several easy ways to apply coconut hair oil during summer. Some of them are mentioned below.
- You can apply coconut hair before washing your hair. It can be a part of your pre-shampoo routine. Apply the oil and let it rest for about thirty minutes before washing it off. Then, you can also apply a few drops of coconut oil as a conditioner or moisturizer and go out of your home. A single layer of coconut oil remaining in your hair will act as a shield against the sun’s UV rays and protect your hair.
- You can create a hair mask using coconut oil and avocado oil. Both these oils are great for your hair during summer. These oils will help to cool your scalp and soften your hair. It will give your hair a healthy shine. You can apply the hair mask before shampooing your hair or apply it at night and leave it overnight. Wash it off in the morning, and feel your gorgeous tresses as the locks pass through your fingers.
- You can heat the coconut oil and apply it to your hair but make sure the oil is not boiling. The warm oil is applied gently to your scalp, and let it stay so the oil gets fully soaked up by the scalp. Your hair will get all the necessary nutrients. When you wake up in the morning, you can wash off the oil and carry out your daily routine.
Besides these, you can use coconut oil for hair as a serum during summer. So, whenever you decide to step out during the day, you can apply a few drops of the oil so your hair is protected against any sun damage and your hair isn’t frizzy. The oil will ensure you can manage your hair properly.
The Bottom Line
If you have not started using coconut hair oil during summer, you miss out on giving your hair the protection and attention it deserves. So, get a bottle of coconut oil and start showing some love to your beautiful tresses.