In the early 90’s thin or pencil eyebrows were lot in fashion and adopted by all. Thick eyebrows is now everyone is opting for. Eyebrows are one of the beauties in your face. Eyebrows gives a youthful touch to the face. Thick eyebrows is what every girl wants. If that’s not happening so, some may opt for pencils, to fill in the extra space between eyebrows. Do not expect that the eyebrows will grow overnight, no miracles going to happen within 2 months, but after 2 mnths the change can be seen and clear.
Precautions for thicker eyebrows:
Do not Pluck Eyebrows too often : For eyebrows to grow it takes at least 2-3 months. Excessive plucking, threading or waxing will prevent the hair to grow, because continue plucking of hair may damage hair follicles. Give a break of at least 8 weeks from pluckers or tweesers.
Stop applying creams on the eyebrows : we apply face creams, moisturizers all over the face including eyebrows. this must be avoided. these creams contain chemicals which restrict the eye brow growth and sometimes there are chances of hair fall as well.
Regular use of spoolie :
Just like we comb our hair with brush, Regular use of spoolie makes the eye brow grow in the right shape and enhances the follicles to grow faster. It looks neat and in perfect shape.
Apply oils :
Apply dab of coconut or castor or olive oil with cotton ball and gently massage it. Leave it overnight. This retains the moisture and promotes eye brow to grow.
Apply jelly’s :
Apply any petroleum jelly overnight, massage and leave it. It also retains the moisture and helps the eyebrows to thicken.
Eyebrow serum :
A good eyebrow serum conditions and revitalize the hair folicles. It will also protect from pollution, dirt and any environmental damages.
Natural home remedies for eye brows to grow thicker:
Coconut oil :
Vitamin E and iron present in coconut oil nourishes eye brow growth.
- Take warm coconut oil.
- With your finger tips apply it on your eyebrows.
- Massage gently and leave it overnight.
- Next day wash with lukewarm water.
Note : This helps in blood circulation and results can be seen within 2 months.
Castor oil :
Castor oil is rich in fatty acids, proteins, antioxidants which helps in stimulating hair growth.
- Soak a cotton ball in castor oil
- Apply it on the eyebrows and gently massage and leave it overnight
- In the Morning wash with lukewarm water.
Note : Castor oil does not suit all skin types. sometimes it may lead to irritation. So always test first and then apply it.
Onion juice :
The sulphur present in Onion improves collagen tissue which helps in eyebrow growth.
- Take 1/2 onion.
- Grind them to paste and extract juice.
- Apply juice on the eyebrows and allow it to dry.
- Wash with cleanser.
Note : Close your eyes while applying juice, as it tends to burning sensation.
Olive oil and honey :
The vitamin E extracts present in vitamin e enriches and promotes eye brow growth thicker and faster.
Apply warm olive oil on the eyebrows for 5 mins and leave overnight Wash with lukewarm water.
- Take 1/2 tsp of olive oil and 2 drops of honey.
- Apply this mixture on the eyebrows.
- Massage gently and leave it for 30 mins.
- Wash off with water and cleanser.
Almond oil :
The nourishments of vitamin A, B,E nourishes hair growth and specifically for eye brows and nails.
- Take almond oil drops and massage with finger tips.
- Leave it overnight or for 2 hours Wash it off with cleanser.
Note : Almond oil does not suit all skin types, some may lead to rashes or allergy. Go for patch test before applying.
Vitamin E capsule :
Vitamin E capsule contains tocotrienol, an antioxidant, which helps in avoiding from restricting hair growth.
- Take a vitamin E capsule.
- Open the capsule and extract the oil.
- Massage the oil on the eyebrows and leave overnight.
Vitamin E oil and castor oil :
- Take equal proportions of vitamin E and castor oil.
- Mix it well and apply on the eyebrow.
- With fingertips, gently massage over it.
- Leave it for overnight or 30 mins.
- Wash off thoroughly with cleanser.
Jojoba oil :
Jojoba oil nourishes hair, opens the pores of hair follicles, protects the hair and make it to grow thicker and brighter.
- Massage with few drops of jojoba oil on eye brows with fingertips.
- Leave overnight and wash your face with cleanser.
Rosemary essential oil :
The essentials in rosemary oil helps in blood circulation and cell division which helps in effective growth of hair.
- Take few drops of rosemary oil.
- Add 1tbsp of olive or jojoba oil.
- Apply it on the eyebrows and gently massage it.
- Leave it overnight and wash your face in the morning.
Milk contains protein, vitamins, minerals and helps in promoting hair growth.
- Take a cotton ball.
- Dab cotton in milk and gently apply it on eye brows.
- Massage with fingertips Leave it for 15 mins and wash off.
Petroleum jelly :
- Petroleum jelly retains and moisturises the hair growth,which gives healthy and shiny hair.
- Apply a dab of petroleum jelly on the eye brows.
- Massage it and leave overnight.
- Wash your face with good cleanser.
Note : If suffering from acne or pimples, then petroleum jelly is not the right choice.
Have a proper and Healthy diet :
Have diet which have lots of Vitamins A,C,E, omega 3 fatty acids. These supplements enriches in the growth of eye brows. Take multi-vitamin tablets if required.