Botox and derma fillers are different kinds of cosmetic aesthetic treatments. Not only do they use different products, but their purposes are also distinct from each other. Botox restricts movement in targeted muscles to prevent the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Dermal fillers, however, work to restore lost volume and fullness.
The treatment processes differ as well. Dermal fillers are injected underneath the skin layer to promote volume. Botox injections target muscles by blocking nerve actions that prevent movement in areas where facial wrinkles reside.
Although these cosmetic treatments are different, they certainly have similarities. Below, we discuss the similarities and differences between dermal fillers and botox so you can understand each treatment. Read on to learn more about the comparisons between these two popular cosmetic treatments, and search ‘derma filler near me‘ to find local options for treatments you’re interested in pursuing.
Understanding Dermal Fillers Vs. Botox
Botox As A Medicinal Prescription
Botox is the cosmetic name for “Botulinum toxin,” a medicine that blocks the nerve signals within the muscles of the injection site. When nerve signals are blocked, the muscles are frozen temporarily. Pulling up information online with queries like ‘derma filler near me’ will give you more insight into the uses of dermal fillers vs. botox. For example, you may learn that wrinkles soften and may even dissipate altogether by inhibiting movement in the treated facial muscles.
Botox Treatments And Maintenance Considerations
As a preventative drug, Botox reduces lines and wrinkles and slims the jawline. Botox can reduce the appearance of the natural aging process for a more youthful appearance for longer. Botox treatments are not permanent.
To maintain wrinkle-reducing outcomes, continual treatments are necessary. The effects generally last 2-4 months before additional treatments are needed. When you research ‘derma filler near me,’ you may also find resources on botox treatments and recommendations for follow-up treatments to maintain your results.
Botox treats areas including:
- the upper face (wrinkles on the forehead, lines between eyebrows, crow’s feet, and eyebrow lifts)
- the lower face (lip lines, gummy smiles, neck bands, widened jaw, and teeth grinding)
- the mid-face (crow’s feet and smile lines)
Dermal Fillers As A Restorative Treatment
Dermal fillers are injected under the skin’s surface to promote volume and added fullness. These effects allow for a youthful appearance on the face and accelerate collagen production in areas where collagen and elastin production are depleted. As you research ‘derma filler near me,’ you’ll discover how the natural aging process can be slowed using dermal fillers.
Dermal fillers restore volume and fullness to targeted areas on the face, including:
- the cheeks
- lines around the lips
- the jawline
- the chin
- jowls and areas of facial skin sagging
Combining Both Injectables: Searching ‘derma filler near me’
Sometimes, Botox and dermal fillers are combined to produce specific results. For example, different kinds of wrinkles can be more effectively treated by combining both injectables.
- The aspects that one treatment lacks, the other can accomplish to produce the best possible results. Research information online using searches like ‘derma filler near me’ to learn more about how dermal fillers can be combined with botox for desired treatment outcomes.
- Dermal fillers can restore lost volume to create a more sculpted, youthful contour of the face; these outcomes are impossible with Botox treatment.
- Additionally, the combination of dermal fillers and Botox can allow treatment results to last longer and even slow down the emergence of wrinkles brought on by natural aging.
Botox is used to relax wrinkles, whereas dermal fillers smooth existing wrinkles that remain even when the face is at rest. Contact practices offering these treatments when you search ‘derma filler near me’ to determine if combined approaches suit your aesthetic goals.
Differing Treatment Purposes
While both Botox and dermal fillers require injections for treatment, their purposes and effects differ.
- The main difference between the two treatment effects is that dermal fillers promote volume and fullness, while Botox interrupts the nerve signals in targeted muscles.
- When you read search results for queries like ‘derma filler near me,’ you can start to identify where these overlaps commonly occur and whether one treatment or a combination approach is right for you.
- Preventing and reducing lines is typically a situation where Botox treatment is likely more applicable, as it concerns the muscularity of the face.
- Restoring fullness and volume, however, is an objective that generally meets the description of dermal filler treatment.
Determining The Best Treatments For Your Aesthetic Goals
Are Botox and dermal fillers the same thing? No. However, combining these two treatments can result in prolonged results. You can determine the best treatment approaches by working with a qualified professional to assist you with your cosmetic aesthetic goals. Search ‘derma filler near me’ to find local providers that can help you decide on the best treatment approaches.